This job is archived
The Director of Technical Accounting serves as a key representative of the Controller’s organization and collaborates daily with leaders, managers, and colleagues across our global commercial markets and other functional organizations to facilitate successful achievement of organizational goals, in accordance with US GAAP. This includes providing continuous education, both formal and informal, to stakeholders across the organization.
This role also provides technical accounting analysis and support for business development and other unique and new accounting transactions for Zoetis. The Director also provides ad hoc technical accounting support for Zoetis’ global commercial markets and other platforms (R&D, Manufacturing, etc.).
They will follow and provide updates on the standard-setting activities of the FASB/SEC/PCAOB/IASB as well as evaluate the applicability to and impact on Zoetis and lead adoption and applicable implementation activities.
The Director mentors and develops members of the Technical Accounting team.
- Develop, implement, interpret and maintain properly detailed accounting policies and procedures, and collaborates with others to develop and implement/interpret any new accounting policies or procedures across Zoetis.
- Monitor and analyze proposed rule changes, lead adoption projects, and initiatives as applicable.
- Key stakeholders involved in special projects and change initiatives throughout the organization, advising on accounting considerations and supporting the design of operational systems and processes.
- Provide technical accounting support for the global lease accounting and revenue recognition centers of excellence.
- Provide consultation and accounting leadership and execution for complex events and transactions including Treasury activity, acquisitions and divestitures (including valuations purchase price allocation, Day 1 and Day 2 accounting), and revenue recognition.
- Support business development in due diligence efforts, review and consult on the accounting and operational impacts of potential transactions.
- Provide consultation support for day-to-day questions on accounting and reporting from all Zoetis functions. Develop appropriate guidance by analyzing data and assumptions, formulate positions/alternatives and communicate the recommend course of action.
- Develop and present training to support continuing education programs for the finance organization, including training related to the adoption of new policies/accounting standards
- Support quarterly and annual reporting and processes including the 10Q/10K disclosure analysis and preparation, impairment assessments for Goodwill and Intangible Assets, subject matter support for the Financial Reporting and Consolidations teams and audit support.
- Manage and support the development of direct reports within the Technical Accounting group, along with colleagues throughout the organization, as applicable.
- University degree in accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills
- 10+ years’ experience in a financial accounting role
- CPA required
- Prior experience in public accounting (preferably with a “Big 4” firm)
- Proactive and flexible business partner with the ability to ensure accounting compliance while prioritizing our core beliefs
- Strong US GAAP knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and functions throughout the organization both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable working in a global, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities
- Work effectively in a team environment and in building collaborative relationships with peers and other stakeholders across the organization.