Zoetis Reference Laboratories is a new national veterinary clinical diagnostic laboratory network. We are focused on revolutionizing the reference laboratory space for companion animals. We are a team of friendly, motivated and highly collaborative business and veterinary professionals looking for a top tier professional to join our growing team.
As the Director of Courier and Logistics you will lead and manage company-wide logistics for our growing national reference laboratory network. This includes multiple local market couriers and national logistics. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with full exposure to all levels of our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, implement and optimize a national logistics and courier platform, including internal team and external partners.
- Build and lead a lean, high-performing team to run national courier and logistics operations.
- Negotiate and manage relationships with local and national courier and logistics providers. Includes UPS & FEDEX, national and local courier providers, and commercial airline logistics.
- Work closely with customer-facing team, laboratory operations and clinical leadership to meet or exceed all courier and logistics requirements. Includes planning and scheduling appropriate modes of delivery based on customer and laboratory needs.
- Oversee customer support for all things related to the logistics and courier platform.
- Develop and implement procedures to improve logistics operating performance with a focus on scalability, stability and efficiency.
- Oversee and support the development and implementation of software systems to manage our logistics and courier platform.
- Monitor and maintain metrics related to courier performance providing guidance and feedback on activities.
- Expect to manage 24-hour operations across multiple states and time zones.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of leadership experience in logistics and courier management, with a strong preference for clinical laboratory logistics experience. Be prepared to show your growth in responsibilities over time.
- Team oriented, friendly, and outgoing, you are comfortable working with all levels of an organization.
- Proven track record of solving complex organizational problems and building teams.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
- Robust organizational and time management skills.
- Experience analyzing financial statements and creating forecasts and budgets.
- Strong IT and computer skills are required.
- BS degree or similar experience/education required, MBA preferred.
- Full Time Position will be located in Tampa, FL. Other locations in the US can be considered. candidate.
- Travel requirement (25%).