This position is responsible for the cost effective indirect procurement of products, supplies and outside contract services. Plans and implements activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement of capital goods, service contracts, supplies, and all other indirect goods and services. Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures to reduce costs and streamline indirect procurement procedures. Leads, supports and/or guides all RFI/RFP/RFQ Indirect opportunities for the company. Works within the Global Procurement Organization to contribute to the development of a world class indirect supplier management program and plays a key role in enabling the collaboration within the business stakeholders, procurement, and quality organizations.Job Description:
• Leads the development of indirect procurement category sourcing strategies (i.e. supply market analysis, cost modeling and bench-marking); manages and monitors strategy development and implementation, works in partnership with the business unit teams
• Conducts annual analysis of the preferred supplier base, determines strategies for contract renewal, assists in the analysis of supplier marketplace data in order to create a competitive bidding environment, conducts RFPs/RFIs to lead supplier selection process that evaluates, negotiates, develops and manages complex strategic supplier relationships to secure terms that are in the company's best interest
• Utilizes project management tools to document and communicate progress and final results; communicates project progress to functional team members to ensure that deliverables and milestones are delivered on schedule to internal stakeholders and leadership
• Reviews Category spend to determine opportunities to improve services, service levels and cost.
• Achieves annual savings commitments, while balancing compliance, service levels and relationships.
• Leads supplier selection and negotiation process, executes sourcing activities
• Leads the contract review process, working closely with business unit managers to ensure proper review and capture of business requirements.
• Ensures timeliness and quality of all contracts required for compliant and reliable business operations (i.e. implementation in the appropriate systems, category compliance, contract management)
• Supports supplier management activities (performance reporting and the monitoring and management of compliance). Supports the development of a Supplier Performance Management framework for strategic supplier partners.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key business stakeholders
• Ensures internal customers adhere to the delegation of authority and procurement processes
• Increases use of preferred suppliers across the business
• Implements and tracks metrics related to annual savings forecast to actuals, contract expirations, project pipeline, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree with major in Business, Supply Chain, Business Analytics, or Finance
• 3 years of business experience, preferably in procurement or strategic sourcing
• Experience managing and executing indirect category strategies
• Experience collecting and analyzing data
• Experience leading pricing negotiations
• Experience negotiating contracts and monitoring contract adherence
• Experience tracking cost savings and cost avoidance
• Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Outlook e-mail
• Good analytical, problem-solving, time management, and organization skills
• Proven negotiation skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent engagement with VP's and C level audiences. Strong communication skills, not intimidated in presenting to executives on quarterly basis the Category Results, Savings etc.
• Strong planning/project management skills - ability to set and keep timelines
• Travel not generally required, <10%
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.