Job Description For thirty years, Nestlé Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home. Located an hour north of Kansas City, the community of 77,000 people is packed with character, rich history and nationally acclaimed quality of life – just like Nestlé Purina is. The city was recognized with the All-America City Award, given to communities with citizens who work together to pinpoint and address community-wide challenges and achieve exceptional results. Carrying forward that spirit, since 1985, our wet dog and cat food factory in St. Joseph has provided employment, and a special home for many of our associates who work passionately each day to annually produce millions of cases of Fancy Feast® and Beneful® Prepared Meals – two flagship Nestlé Purina brands. Our associates’ work goes far beyond the bag and the can. They are very passionate about their support for the United Way and United Cerebral Palsy foundations, raising $750,000 over the past five years. Joining the Nestlé Purina factory in St. Joseph means you are joining more than a pet food company, but also a very driven and close-knit team focused on safety, personal growth, development and community. Our St. Joseph factory has enjoyed increased production and reinvestment, including a $30 million project to remodel our pet food kitchen, as well as installation of new raw ingredient processing equipment. This attention to safety and quality, matched by a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and renovation, helps us to attain our fullest potential. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we’re a “safety first” culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. As a Training Specialist, you will be responsible for assessing facility training needs by working with the Factory Leadership Team and using this assessment to develop and implement training programs. You will implement strategic initiatives and drive competency building from a training perspective.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Identify training needs with departments, assigning them as necessary to proper audiences considering resources to support success of the plant.
- Lead the Education & Training (E&T) Pillar to support widespread use of E&T systems/tools, drive expansion, and coach E&T system owners.
- Confer with members of the Management Team to identify work situations requiring preventative or refresher training for employees. Strategize and plan for most effective training approach to ensure success.
- Manage tracking of department training in iLearn accurately and timely for compliance.
- Develop and maintain training calendars.
- Coordinate new employee orientations.
- Assist in training and implementation of new initiatives and programs.
- Associate’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in a training capacity within a manufacturing, industrial, military or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially
if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View]
for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
St. Joseph, MO US
Nestle Purina PetCare Company