The position should reside in the territory (PA, DE, MD, OH, VA, WV, NY), preferably near Salisbury, MD or Southeast PA.
This position provides regional technical and biological support for Zoetis poultry vaccine application business in broiler, broiler/breeder, turkey, and layer hatcheries in the United States. Although broad in scope, the primary customer focus is poultry companies that utilize Embrex Inovoject inovo vaccination devices. The representative is expected to provide device training on operation and technique, monitoring operations and devices data, and measuring of the vaccination devices and supporting processes, and provide detailed effective feedback to ensure that customers both internal and external are operating at peak efficacy.
The key responsibility for this position is to be competent in the qualitative and quantitative assessments of all aspects of the Embrex systems, related processes and hatchery environments. The candidate will need to posses the ability to communicate in group settings to effectively train internal and external personnel regarding operation of the Inovoject systems and processes. Additionally, the candidate needs to be competent in teaching and/or discussing interactive factors such as embryo development, microbial challenges and hatchery logistics to optimize Inovoject processes in the hatchery. The role requires applied biological knowledge of embryonic development, incubation, microbiology, and an understanding of commercial poultry operations and the responsibility of using this knowledge to assist with training new Technical Service Representatives as well as development of field service personnel in their territory. This role will manage quarterly evaluations that are completed on site at each device location.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field and 4 years experience in a hatchery or related field is required. A graduate degree would be well utilized as this position requires scientific and technical skills.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present and comfortable with public speaking in small crowds, as well as one-on-one conversations
- Ability to efficiently manage time
- Ability to work independently and be self motivated
- Ability to manage trials and the supporting data and communicate findings
- Applied biological knowledge of hatchery operations
- Effectively utilize a computer and Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to present to large customer groups or at conferences
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Majority of work is in hatcheries where exposure to potentially hazardous conditions are common
- Heat and humidity above average is common
- Available for unsocial work hours is necessary
- Available for on call
- Travel a minimum of 60%
- Reside in or near Lancaster, PA to support hatcheries in the territory (PA, DE, MD, OH, VA, WV, NY); Reside in or near Raleigh, NC to support hatcheries in the territory (NC, SC, TN, KY)