This job is archived
Purpose of Job:
The Supervisor of Instrument Service and Repair is responsible for the Supervision of daily processing and repair of Abaxis chemistry analyzers. The RMA supervisor will utilize the team of Instrument Technicians to repair chemistry analyzers down to the component level following good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and in accordance with ISO / FDA regulations. The Supervisor is responsible for maintaining repair procedures and practices to assure that all repaired instruments meet factory performance requirements. The Supervisor must assure that all individuals are properly trained, and training records are properly recorded. The Supervisor is responsible for tracking and reporting departmental metrics as requested by the Instrument Manufacturing Manager. The RMA Supervisor will work with and support Engineering and Development Teams as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities – including but not limited to:
- Direct supervision of Repair Technicians.
- Adherence to departmental DOPs and SOPs.
- Reporting/tracking of Departmental Metrics
- Assure that released RMA product meets all factory requirements
- Tracking RMA WIP and adjusting resources to meet repair requirements
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Workshops to improve quality of production material and processes. This includes participating in daily stand-up meetings, daily 5S walks, and Kaizen events.
- Supervisory skills
- Computer literate, experienced with Microsoft Office, JMP, Databases
- Ability to extract data from ERP or CRM and create basic reports.
- Experience using ERP system to monitor transactions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to collect and present data.
- Knowledge of IPC standards and implementation of IPC inspection procedures.
- Understanding of electronic circuits both digital and analog. The ability to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Working knowledge of electromechanical assemblies.
- Requires the ability to train to standards and understand concepts regarding the use of 5S, personal safety equipment, and ISO / FDA expectations.
- Must be able to follow written procedures (SOP's) with attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Must be able to communicate information with others.
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills are required.
- Must be proficient with basic assembly tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, torque tools, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- B/S degree in electronics or related field preferred.