The CSS Analyst’s primary responsibilities consist of understanding Zoetis U.S. freight (inbound, outbound and domestic) and making recommendations to improve those situations. This position will conduct ongoing analysis to include review/action related to timely delivery of product to our U.S. customers and continued Improvement Process (CIPs) for inbound (plant and external supply). This position will play a support and back-up role to the Senior Manager, U.S. Transportation. Additionally, this position will support analysis to the U.S. logistics network.
Key Performance Indicator and US Logistic Score Cards
- Run daily, weekly and monthly KPIs: demand planning, logistic operations, transportation.
- Report and track with the site capex spend
- Look at opportunities to enhance and automatize reporting capabilities with latest technology (power BI, Tableau) as well as liaising with external partner to feed data on transportation.
- Complete regular analysis highlighting transportation issues, late deliveries
- Perform daily tracking for transport enroute
- Analyze supply chain and logistics data and perform trend analysis
- Create daily aging report supporting U.S. distribution network
- Support month-end and quarter-end analysis as required
Back-up / Support role
- Ensure accurate knowledge to back-up and/or support transportation management
- Support customer service allocation process for short supply products
- Consolidate data and presentation for U.S Supply Chain yearly budget cycle.
- Participate in Business Development teams to analyze requirements and ensure alignment with Market Logistics capabilities
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of Network analysis and transportation bids
- Support U.S. Market Logistics facilities by driving harmonization of metrics and reporting
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or Operations Management with 5-7 years’ experience in Warehousing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, or in lieu of the education requirement, at least a high school diploma and 5+ years of experience are required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong technical skills in analysis tools including:
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel (ability to generate/interpret pivot tables, create charts and graphs) and experience with VBA, Microsoft or data base management will be a must.
- Intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Powerpoint (ability to create presentations for management).
- Ability to report and extract data from ERP (SAP, Fusion Ops beneficial)
- Proven track record of successful inventory analysis
- Experience with inventory and planning systems.
- Experience with ERP system and SAP experience is required.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work completed in office and warehouse environments, requiring routine sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to travel about 10% of time is required.
- Limited weekend or off-hours work may be required from time-to-time.