The Field Service Engineer I is responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of customers’ equipment. Establishes and maintains proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for on-site installation of Digital Radiography (DR), Computed Radiography (CR), Digital Dental, Ultrasound systems and High Frequency X-Ray Generators.
• Responsible for on-site maintenance and repair of Digital Radiography (DR), Computed Radiography (CR), Digital Dental, Ultrasound systems and High Frequency X-Ray Generators.
• Responsible for on-site product and applications training of Digital Radiography (DR), Computed Radiography (CR), Digital Dental, Ultrasound systems and High Frequency X-Ray Generators.
• Proficient knowledge of Computer Hardware, Software and Networking.
Responsible for Systems Integrations and Connected Services between Medical Equipment and Office and Cloud Based Practice Management EMR/PIMS Systems.
• Provide excellent customer service, listening carefully to customer concerns and addressing issues until customer is satisfied.
• Maintain parts inventory, personal library of machine manuals, company-assigned laptop and tools.
• Attend ongoing training events sponsored by company or equipment manufacturers to stay up-to-date on the latest technology and repair options.
• Provide technical guidance to sales and service organization.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Two (2) years postsecondary vocational training or Associates degree required
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum two (2) years related experience troubleshooting and servicing Diagnostic Imaging and related Medical Equipment
• Strong knowledge of computer technology, electronic equipment and networking components
• Familiar with LANs, WANS, IP communications, software platforms and applications from Microsoft, e.g. Windows OS, Server OS, Office and SQL Server
• Effective troubleshooting and resolution skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Be able to read electrical and electronic schematics
• Be able to use electronic test equipment
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and be highly organized
• Able to lift up to 80 pounds using proper lifting techniques
• Excellent communication skills via phone, text, email and in person when interacting with both internal and external customers
• Ability to travel out of the country and to customer locations nationwide (75% - 85%)
Covetrus offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.