Location: Central CA
The Diagnostics Solutions Consultant (DSC) is a field-based customer facing member of our sales team accountable for selling Zoetis diagnostic instruments, tests and associated products and services within an assigned US sales territory. The DSC will also be accountable for building and maintaining customer relationships to maximize customer retention. The DSC will achieve budgeted sales quotas within targeted accounts in assigned territory. DSC will update and maintain sales funnel and customer profile data within system. DSC will collaborate with the other Zoetis colleagues to achieve goals and support the diagnostics business.
Anticipated travel within assigned territory as required (up to 60%-70%).
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of Diagnostic products and service.
- Travel to offices of existing and prospective customers, with a target of 3-4 existing customers and 3-4 new business opportunities per day. (Extensive driving required as well as periodic overnight travel (approximately at 4-8 nights per month, depending on territory)).
- Detailed documentation of all customer and prospect interactions via the online system.
- Transport equipment to customer and prospective customer locations.
- Lift, set-up and demonstrate diagnostic solutions, equipment and features.
- Clearly explain the uses and benefits of diagnostic products and services; answer questions; effectively communicate “value proposition”.
- Secure purchase orders for diagnostic products and services.
- Provide ongoing customer support, including assisting customers (in person and over the phone and via email) with product, technical or service concerns, making periodic customer courtesy calls, keeping clients informed of new products and services (including possible updates to existing instrumentation), and interfacing as needed with sales, accounting and technical staff to ensure customer questions and needs are timely addressed.
- Work cooperatively with the Diagnostic Technical Specials to ensure strong customer service and enhance utilization.
- Generate new business and new business leads, including placing instruments in competitor’s accounts, academia and research settings and gathering referrals from existing customers.
- Support billing and collection efforts.
- Ability to safely lift and move 60 lbs
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated sales experience, or relevant technical/clinical experience, preferably in the medical, scientific, or healthcare industry.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred); preferably with a science or business emphasis or equivalent experience.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Exemplifies early adopter behaviors for rapid learning ability.
- Absorbs and applies technical information and demonstrates skilled technical sales capabilities.
- Capably grows technical knowledge through relationships, creative solutions, and enhances customer loyalty.
- Demonstrate expertise in veterinary terminology/science.
- Demonstrated skills selling capital equipment in physician and/or veterinary clinics.
- Skilled at making presentations (including financial presentations) at all levels. Ability to transport, set-up and demonstrate equipment quickly and effectively.
- Balances strategic and tactical business requirements.
- Superior understanding of current and possible future market trends, sales initiatives, and information affecting the business and organization.
- Knows the competition and their value messaging.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record, auto insurance