This job is archived
Strategy and Business Results
- Drive the development of a business aligned, standards based, strategy for Zoetis Platform services and solutions.
- Act as an innovation enabler and proactively bring forward opportunities and solutions that can drive cost effective service delivery and enable revenue growth and profitability for the company.
- Deploy appropriate internal and external controls to deliver scalable, repeatable, reliable platform infrastructure and services that are Disaster Ready and Audit Ready, with SLAs that strive for 24x7 availability, 100% uptime.
- Create appropriate metrics/KPIs and then track, report upon, and proactively communicate results from system/platform performance monitoring.
Architecture, Delivery, and Support
- Develop, deploy and continually enhance integrated, standardized solutions and services for the company.
- Windows and hypervisor-based server solutions
- Expert understanding of cloud-based solutions within Azure and AWS
- Working knowledge of cloud tools, e.g. – GitHub, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/BashTechnology standards & roadmaps
- Support robust Disaster Recovery standards, enablement, testing and ongoing enhancement
- Vendor Management
- Infrastructure as code expertise with Terraform
- Contribute to and help maintain the enterprise systems architecture. Ensure adherence to standards and polices for platform technology components, and integration between related system, application, and infrastructure architectures.
- Drive the standardization and rationalization of the Zoetis platform infrastructure towards a clearly defined, optimized, and enhanced end-state architecture.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and communication of the Zoetis platform and other related technology architecture(s), including relevant design and technology standards
- L3+ support of Windows server / storage / cloud-based Windows platforms and services
- Lifecycle management of all relevant technologies
- Facilitate and / or participate in weekly status review calls with platform MSP
- Provide direct oversight and direction of daily MSP operational support activities
- Lead efforts to keep supported platforms current, i.e. preparation of OS install repositories, OS patching process and patch deployments, and creation and customization of server build templates as new versions major or minor are released by OS vendors
- Manage platform infrastructure within defined annual operating and capital budgets consistent with established financial guidelines, and as part of the overall IT Infrastructure budget
- Create, deploy and maintain appropriate processes and practices, to facilitate operational, and organizational success. Continuously look for improvement/development/enhancement opportunities.
Additional responsibilities – in collaboration with other teams
- Interact with vendors, and other technical support groups for monitoring & management, systems maintenance and enhancements etc.
- Provide appropriate technical and operational input to the sourcing and procurement of infrastructure hardware and software purchase, licensing, service, and maintenance contracts, etc.
- Willingness and desire to engage and learn multiple platform technologies; openness and ability to design and support various platform technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business-related field
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of cloud development and oversight required
- Clear understanding of IT Infrastructure lifecycle: Architecture, Design, and Operations. Working knowledge of all areas of IT Infrastructure.
- Familiarity with system development, and operational process methodologies
- Diverse technical team experience; Lead by example
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment and proactively drive technical solutions that meet business needs and increase business productivity and/or business efficiency
- Experience in a commercial environment, preferably life-sciences
- Knowledge of pharma/animal health or similarly ‘regulated’ businesses
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of one or more of the following: Windows O/S, Hyper-converged infrastructure platforms (HCI), Data Protection solutions
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware ESX, vSphere, vCenter
- Solid understanding of Cloud-based solutions (AWS and/or Azure)
- Strong DevOps coding skills and pipeline expertise
- Ability to architect a new infrastructure and standardize new technologies in support of business needs
- Ability to write technical documentation in a format understandable and usable by Level I and II personnel
- Understanding of LAN/WAN functionality as it relates to platform functionality
- Understanding Systems and Infrastructure Lifecycle Management
- Ability to implement and utilize stringent change management processes
- Familiarity with cloud environments (Azure, AWS) and automation tools (Terraform, Chef)
- Position may require some off hours work in support of required technologies