This job is archived
Provide leadership and support for the execution of day to day activities surrounding site automation and HVAC initiatives. Support the mission to increase operator awareness and safety, improve product quality, and increase manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness by providing highly effective automation, information collection and reporting, electronic work instruction, electronic batch record, and manufacturing workflow solutions for the Charles City facility.
- Work cooperatively with Engineering and Maintenance teams to deliver Facility related projects, on schedule and on budget.
- Lead a team of automation specialists, technicians, and contract resources to complete automation projects, troubleshooting, and implementation of automation solutions at the Charles City facility.
- Perform quarterly and annual performance reviews.
- Ensure colleagues maintain training requirements.
- Provide daily guidance and support for on-the-floor technicians.
- Administration of all Building Management System (BMS) related systems, and operational responsibility for those systems and providing backup to direct reports that perform those essential functions. Responsibility for oversight of daily activities related to BMS systems operation and maintenance.
- Perform safety related M1 investigations, including initial event summary to site leadership, as required.
- Provide effective and timely management of employee relations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform the administration, change, configuration, design, development, deployment, evolution, integration, maintenance, and qualification of assigned Equipment Control Systems, Process Control Systems, and Historical Data Systems.
- Maintain assigned GMP automation systems in a current, secure, and validated state in accordance with Zoetis SOP’s, Zoetis Quality Standards (PQS), CFR21 Part 11, ISPE Good Automation Manufacturing Practices (cGAMP), and Good Computer System Validation Practices.
- Contribute to the accomplishment of all group goals – set realistic individual goals and deadlines and manage individual performance to obtain them. Interface regularly with team members, site customers and leadership on assigned projects to communicate status, manage expectations, resolve issues, and ensure top quality service.
- Support all site manufacturing, safety, quality, and environmental automation and related information needs. Pursue active and regular engagement with all customers to understand their business drivers and needs and identify opportunities where automation technology can add benefit.
- Participate in or delegate all phases of a project to include requirements definition, specification, design, hardware purchase, assembly and installation, code construction, validation, training, cutover to production, continued enhancement and ongoing 24 x 7 troubleshooting and maintenance support.
- Maintain knowledge of updated and new automation technologies and industry practices and recommend adopting or deploying as necessary to enhance automation effectiveness and ensure continued viability of installed infrastructure.
- Install, maintain, and inspect control system and workstation installations throughout the facility. Inspect and review manufacturing equipment installations for design and troubleshooting purposes.
- Provide periodic system operation training on the assigned automation systems. Provide technical support and training for Charles City Operations maintenance and operations teams.
- Provide 24 x 7 troubleshooting and maintenance support for all assigned automation systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors level degree (Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, preferred) with 2 – 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: PE License preferred
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills. Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the Zoetis Core Beliefs.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the Zoetis organization.