This job is archived
We are seeking a highly capable individual for Area Business Manager (ABM), US Diagnostics Division. Primary responsibilities include leadership and development of colleagues, while utilizing solution coaching, and business planning capabilities to execute overall strategies to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography. The ABM will lead and model Zoetis Core Beliefs within the team and company.
This position will require travel throughout the designated geography and may require overnight stays.
- Lead and develop all colleagues in Area accordingly based on position.
- Consistently demonstrate Solution Coaching capabilities
- Direct the business activities and efforts of the area Diagnostics Sales Consultants (DSC) and Diagnostic Technical Specialists (DTS) to meet objectives set forth by management.
- Attract, develop, evaluate, differentiate, and retain top talent through recruiting / hiring, ongoing coaching, proactive / effective use of both colleague development and performance management tools.
- Spend 75% of available time on field-coaching days to help DSCs and DTSs meet performance objectives by strengthening their core capabilities and professional development
- Demonstrate strong leadership and collaboration across all team members
- Meet or exceed sales objectives (quota) the Diagnostics business via development and coaching of DSCs and DTSs within targeted area
- Successfully lead the launch of new products / services /equipment
- Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as growth rates and improving the health of your area business by improving leverage and managing analytical insights reports.
Leading the Business
- Develop annual strategic business plans including demographics, economics, performance, potential, actionable items, tracking and reporting for the territories individually and the area overall.
- Coordination and resource allocation of marketing efforts in the area, balancing needs of Diagnostic Sales Consultant and Diagnostic Technical Specialists
- Handling various administrative and reporting duties, including but not limited to Operating Expenses, Performance management, Performance reviews, etc.
- Attending and participating in new product launches and periodic regional/area sales meetings.
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned and directed by the Regional Business Director and/or headquarters management.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years people leader/management experience for external talent
- Success in previous roles including people leadership and creatively finding opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, business management and computer skills
- Exemplifies what it means to be a change agent, continuous learner, and pushing self / others beyond dominant logic
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever-changing environments.
- Uses analytics and insights to enhance decision-making and tactical execution across area.
- Follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage assigned expense budgets
- Customer focused professional demeanor and presentation style.
- Highly focused and results oriented, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter
- Animal Health experience and knowledge of small animal veterinary medicine
- Diagnostic experience preferred
- Exhibit willingness to accept and incorporate feedback
- Verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful / fair decisions based on relevant information
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and ability to learn Zoetis systems
Ability/Willingness to travel extensively (70-80%) to manage area personnel and business needs as necessaryFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.