Purina believes pets and people are better together. This includes not only being a leader in pet nutrition but also bridging physical and digital experiences. Did you know Purina has an innovative Digital Product Management group that architects, develops, and delivers leading applications and tech-based solutions for pet owners and their pets? Our digital ecosystem consists of many high growth digital products, including Petfinder, Petivity IoT, and Just Right personalized pet food.
You will get to work with us on our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) brand, Just Right, where our consumers can personalize their dog’s food based on their dog’s nutritional needs, and have it delivered straight to their door! You will collaborate with digital product teams (Product Owners, Business Analysts, Technology/Development teams), UX designers/writers, and our data/analytics teams. Our digital product teams are Agile, operating in a Scrum Squad model – focused on iterative software improvements for our customers and business.
You’re concerned with facets of the software development process, including the research, design, programming, and testing of computer software. You have experience with database, backend, and frontend technologies and can complete an entire assignment involving all of those technologies.
What You’ll Love About the Role:
- Provide deep specialist guidance and support in web presence technology stacks and development tools.
- Support the integration of Magento 2.0 and various other technologies.
- Lead the software development process (research, design, build, test) in significant or complex innovation initiatives.
- Recommend how to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and delivery of services using (emerging) technology and technical methodologies.
- Ensure all solutions within their technology area are delivered, maintained, secured, and compliant with internal standards and external regulations, including privacy requirements.
- Partner with Product Owners, Tech Leads, Solution Architects, and Business Analysts as required to ensure any solution within their specific specialism fits with strategic and technical direction.
What You’ll Love About Purina:
- Comprehensive benefits package that enables you to support yourself and your family.
- Continuous opportunity to strive for innovation, process improvement, and breaking company boundaries all while maintaining a balance in your personal life.
- Being a part of a culture that stands tall with Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Performance, and Expertise.
- Setting the stage for innovation, best practices, and ways of working for the New Business Models team – a high-growth, high-impact team operating with a start-up mentality within Purina.
What You Need to Grow and Succeed:
Basic Qualifications - Education
- High school or GED equivalent degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Basic Qualifications – Years/Type
- 3+ years of experience with LAMP development (Linux, Apache/Nginx, MYSQL, PHP) with strong emphasis on PHP and MySQL required.
- 2+ years of experience with frontend development (JS, HTML, CSS) required.
- Experience in Magento Backend and Frontend Development including developing & managing e-commerce websites/webapps and/or Magento modules and customizations required.
- Experience with (JS) frameworks, ReactJS, & NodeJS preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OOPS, MVC architecture, as well as key RDBMS concepts.
- Ability to automate test scripts including unit tests & integration tests.
- Highly developed communication skills; adaptability toward varying situations and audiences; interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels.
- Strong skills in problem solving, task prioritizing, multitasking.
- Ability to understand and handle tasks and deadlines both independently and as a team member.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.