Location: Open to Remote Work
As a Lead Backend Developer, you will be a founding member of a transformational project that impacts millions of pets nationwide. With a team of passionate pet owners, technologists, business and pet welfare leaders, you will use data, machine learning and AI-led technology solutions to help transition Petfinder.com’s portfolio of digital products into a platform and pet acquisition marketplace. You will lead our application development, visualization, and strategy to transform our data platform into a seamless, intuitive, and best in class experience for shelters, rescues, potential adopters, pet owners and foster pet parents across North America. Petfinder enables over 1.2MM pet adoptions every year, and you will build on to this incredibly strong presence to reimagine a world for adoptable pets that is better and helps to eliminate pet euthanasia by matching people and pets everywhere.
You will oversee developing additional features for Petfinder.com, Pro.Petfinder.com, Petfinder mobile iOS/Android applications, as well as maintain the current code base to ensure application responsiveness. You will be involved in Design Sprints and research and development projects—uniting with the industry’s leading technology partners and emerging opportunities. You will be the lead internal Backend Developer for Petfinder, supported by external agency developers that are virtually integrated into our Agile UX + Development squad model. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with autonomy, curiosity, and accountability then join our pack and be part of this key transformation!
- Partner with product management to plan, develop and manage stable, efficient, and secure web services
- Translate designs into well-functioning features
- Develop high performing APIs and strategic integration
- Optimize and upgrade software to support performance and enhancement
- Provide deep specialist guidance and support in web technology stacks and development tools
- Support and influence the technical activity (design, build, testing) in significant and complex initiatives
- Accountable to the Product Manager for the delivery and quality of technical deliverables
- Work with IS/IT Innovation Managers, Tech Leads, Solution Architects, Data Scientists, UX Design & Research Leads, and Business Analysts to ensure solutions fit the strategic and technical direction
- Interact with vendors to utilize third party packages to enable significant functional, technical, process, data, or integration requirements
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field required
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience developing in Next.js and/or Node.js
- Experience developing back-end services and applications
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Agile software engineering practices
- Experience with SQL database
- Experience with Drupal and NoSQL
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with complex, distributed computing, enterprise-wide systems, and cloud products
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
This position has a minimum salary of $113,232. Please note that the salary provided is a good faith estimate for the position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate’s qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
When you choose a career at Nestlé Purina PetCare Company (Purina), you may gain access to a variety of valuable benefits you can elect for yourself or family. When you elect your benefits, you and Purina partner together to manage costs for medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage. You may also choose to set aside tax-free money by electing one of three Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) or a Health Spending Account (HSA) to best meet your and your family’s needs. You are eligible for the Nestlé 401K Savings Plan with company-matched contributions (up to a limit) and an annual retirement contribution to help you save for retirement and may be eligible for a retirement pension benefit. We also offer other benefits such as an extensive Parental Support Policy, providing 26 weeks of leave, the first 18 weeks at 100% pay for the primary care giver of a newborn child under six months of age, and adoption assistance. Purina offers earned vacation, sick and personal time for you to use throughout the year. Purina typically honors paid 10 holidays throughout the year.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.