This job is archived
The US Beef Cattle Business Unit is one of the largest businesses within Zoetis’ worldwide operations. We focus on maximizing the value of our broad veterinary and producer solutions portfolio by building and sustaining relevant partnerships with veterinarians and producer owners. Based on our business model and operating environment we bring more than just medicines, services, and expertise to the marketplace – we deploy a range of targeted activities to support our solutions offerings in meeting the needs of our customers. Primary responsibilities include leading all aspects of planning, execution, and performance for an approximate 10 person Sales Area with over $100 million in annual sales. The location for this position is flexible in KS, CO, NE or TX. The position will require travel and nights away from home
• Meet overall sales objectives (quota) both overall and for key growth products via demand generation within targeted accounts
• Successfully launch new product and service offerings
• Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as growth rates and key performance indicators.
Leading and Developing People
• Lead all colleagues in Area to successfully and consistently meet their objectives and IDP’s.
• Attract, develop, evaluate, differentiate, and retain talent
• Spend 50% of available time with direct reports in the field coaching to help them meet performance objectives by strengthening their core capabilities
• Execute initiatives aligned to Business Unit expectations of enhancing the Area’s capabilities for Solution Selling, Business Planning / Resource Allocation, and Technical Knowledge
• Lead direct reports to develop and execute Territory Business Planning / Resource Allocation aligned to Cattle BU, Region and Area strategies, tactics, metrics, and objectives.
• Provide clear leadership, direction, and communication during Area meetings, conference calls, and all relevant opportunities
Leading the Business
• Develop Area Plan with a focus on the Cattle BU priorities and resource allocation / utilization; and then conduct quarterly business reviews with National Sales Director and revise on an ongoing basis.
• Utilize data system to identify key account growth opportunities.
• Work with other Area Business Mangers to develop and share best practices across region.
• Work with Area Technical Service to create and execute a focused and prioritized plan to ensure performance in targeted accounts and assists in the development of direct reports technical competence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) Required
Masters in animal science or equivalent degree is a plus
A minimum of 8+ years Sales Management or Strategic Account Management, and/or non-sales function such as Marketing Animal Health experience and knowledge of Beef industry is preferred
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
The position will require a valid drivers license
Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately at least 50% of the time to include some weekends
Willingness to drive to customer locations across defined geography – Producer, Clinic & dealer facilities
Requires individual to be able to work on beef operations and cross pollenate with Dairy/Equine
Requires individual to be willing to work with cows from husbandry to treatment administration and product administration education.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.