This job is archived
The Customs Trade Compliance Manager will act as the center of expertise in Customs and international trade compliance activities to support Zoetis Global Diagnostics business. This position has direct responsibility for the planning, organization, direction, performance, control and implementation of solutions for Trade Compliance in Zoetis Global Supply Chain. The individual will be expected to develop and gain alignment with the Supply Chain Diagnostics Team on strategic opportunities and the corresponding initiatives within the Trade Compliance area.
He/She will establish and maintain legally required international trade compliance programs and ensure harmonized trade processes globally. The incumbent will operate in conjunction with Trade Compliance teams in each market / site to establish, implement and enforce Zoetis corporate policies and procedures regarding imports and exports.
The responsibility includes the adequate development of colleagues and management of contracted resources maintaining a high level of engagement and accountability to achieve expected results. Ensures focus on action-oriented continuous improvement activities and the implementation of best practices.
- Ensure Customs import and compliance policies, procedures and programs are in place, procedures and programs. Lead implementation of new and amended compliance policies, procedures and programs as needed. Includes compliance activities that account for EU export regulations, U.S. anti-boycott and re-export regulations.
- Perform compliance reviews of importing sites to measure and enhance compliance performance. Compliance reviews are quality-based and focus on implementation of effective corrective action and achievement of continuous improvement.
- Partner with the global logistics security and compliance function to review and implement where justified supply chain security policies and procedures to ensure functional compliance with the Authorized Economic Operator and C-TPAT programs’ security requirements.
- Optimize global tradeflow by identifying trade optimization opportunities, including tariff harmonization, inward processing relief, free-trade agreement participation, preferential management etc.
- Manage and harmonize import and export customs tariff classification system for Zoetis global activities.
- Manage and harmonize export control classifications and export licensing requirements for Zoetis global activities.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all necessary trade compliance data within the SAP GTS module
- Analyse Global and National trade policy initiatives, including domestic and transnational legislation, and regulatory rulemaking to ascertain their potential impact to Zoetis Global operations and recommend a course of action to appropriate business management
- Build and maintain relationships with companies within and outside the healthcare industry and advance the company’s trade agenda through industry associations and coalitions
- As may be appropriate, represent the company and advocate in support of its trade policy agenda before legislative bodies, government agencies, and regional / international organizations.
- Ensure talent acquisition and the training, coaching, and development of his/her team.
- Accuracy of customs declarations identified in sample audits
- Data accuracy within GTS
- Success outcomes of external customs audits
- Duty reductions delivered through Trade Optimization
- Employee feedback
- Report to Global Trade Compliance Leader
- Interact with:
- Diagnostics Commercial and Manufacturing organizations
- US, EuAfME, CLAR, & APAC Intercompany Teams
- Regional Customer Supply Service Teams
- Market Logistics Quality
- Market Logistics Operations
- Finance (inventory, SOX controls)
- 3er Party logistics (3PL) and freight forwarders
- Government Agencies
- Freight Forwarding Organizations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in International Business, Logistics or Operational Management or related field preferred or Extensive experience in International Trade and Customs or Customs consulting in the Diagnostics business context.
- 5 - 10 years experience in International Trade and Customs or Customs consulting in the European or US context. Advanced knowledge of EU and US statutes, regulations and programs controlling and impacting the import and export of merchandise
- Enterprise System Capabilities to sponsor implementation of SAP GTS module
- Proficiency in English and preferably also in Dutch and French
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Strong management, organization, interpersonal, verbal, conceptual and presentation skills within a multinational environment
- Ability to partner with business management
- Ability to liaise with external regulators
- Strategic vision
- Tactical expertise
- Ability to work with and understand key information technology requirements
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to new laws and regulations
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Location is based in Parsippany.
- Travel requirement (25-30%)