As a member of the Global Zoetis Human Resources (“HR”) team, the Associate HR Business Partner (“HRBP”) will provide HR consultancy and coaching to leaders, managers and colleagues within assigned client groups including the following within the U.S. Commercial organization: Customer Care, Integration, Customer Operations and Meeting Planning. He/she will also provide support as needed to other groups within the remit of the HR Vice President such as Global Commercial Development, Customer Experience, Sustainability and Global Strategy.
Based at our Malvern, Pennsylvania location, the Associate HRBP will also be responsible for HR activities and decisions (strategic and operational) for the site and will be a member of the site leadership team.
The Associate HR Business Partner will work closely with assigned colleagues and people managers in all areas of HR, including but not limited to: employee relations, talent acquisition, colleague engagement, talent management, leadership development, change management, diversity, performance management, workforce planning and analytics, colleague data management, EEO/AAP and compensation planning/implementation. He/she will also work closely with other Zoetis HR colleagues to ensure successful delivery of HR programs and initiatives across the organization.
Requires a proven track record as a successful business partner and influencer to managers and leaders. Experience should demonstrate success in support of large organizations, preferably in a Commercial and/or Manufacturing environment, with a track record of delivering operational effectiveness, implementing change activities, aligning HR goals with business imperatives, building relationships, and coaching colleagues and managers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing proactive counsel, communications, and HR generalist support to client group leaders and managers to drive the achievement of business goals.
- Partnering with managers in the administration of compensation and performance management programs, data quality, succession planning, recruitment, employment, employee development, colleague engagement and employee relations.
- Ensuring consistent application of HR policies and state and federal laws and practices, including supporting all EEO/AAP initiatives at site(s).
- Within the HR department, making recommendations to improve work processes and helping to promote an atmosphere of continuous learning.
- Driving successful execution of HR programs and processes, managing multiple priorities concurrently through strong project management, systems knowledge, and effective communications.
- Driving successful execution of talent development, colleague engagement, culture and Zoetis Core Beliefs initiatives at the Exton site and across all assigned client groups.
- Proactively proposing initiatives, solutions, and/or programs to develop and engage colleagues and managers
- Creating a strong network of HR partners across the organization to collaboratively drive and implement HR strategies in support of the business.
- Influencing and driving a self-service environment leveraging the tools and resources available.
- Monitoring HR data and trends and leverage business intelligence to provide new insights.
- Monitoring results of the delivered HR programs, and working with the HR Centers of Excellence and Zoetis Colleague Services (HR shared service) teams to identify and facilitate changes and improvements as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated understanding of business strategy
- Ability to build deep and influential business partnerships throughout the organization by demonstrating an understanding of business fundamentals and decision-making processes
- Strong analytical abilities to illustrate HR’s impact on the organization
- Embraces change and views challenges as business opportunities
- Demonstrated success in championing change
- Ability to confidently facilitate conversations between people with differing views and backgrounds
- Ability to modify own behaviors and approaches to address diverse needs and audiences
- Ability to breakdown complex situations into individual components and understand the interrelationship between these components
- Demonstrated success working in a global, complex organization across functions, cultures, and levels
- Demonstrated ability to objectively conduct an investigation and make sound recommendations to HR leadership and the business
- Adept at flexible and creative problem-solving
- Experience coaching on topics of people management and colleague development
- Able to appropriately push back and challenge the status quo
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of colleagues and management/leadership
- Experience in workforce planning a must
- HR Information Systems experience preferred, Workday a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience with performance management, talent management, organizational design, employee relations, compensation programs, HR laws and regulations, etc.
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment of change and with high volume of multiple priorities
- Able and willing to regularly travel within the U.S. and, occasionally, globally as needed
Qualifications (Training, Education, & Prior Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree required (in HR, Business Administration, Management or Human Relations preferred); Master’s degree or JD a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of HRBP experience required; experience working with commercial leaders and teams a plus.