This role will report to the Sr. Director of Business Development and will be part of a team that takes ownership of the assessment of all Business Development, “BD”, opportunities (e.g. mergers and acquisitions, in-licensing, joint ventures, commercial distribution arrangements, divestitures). The Manager will primarily lead all financial modeling, process due diligence information and prepare internal transaction related memoranda; all as a part of the process by which the organization develops an assessment of a BD opportunity. The output of the process will be to work with the senior members of the BD team on presentations to senior management, including: strategic rationale, financial projections, a summary of key assumptions driving the projections, an assessment of upsides and downsides to the projections and ultimately a recommendation.
- The role will leverage financial expertise to be a trusted partner of the broader Business Development team to help identify potential candidates for acquisition and target companies for business alliances. As a team member the role will also be empowered to constructively challenge deal terms that are perceived not to be strategic or add long term value.
- Execute, coordinate, and lead due diligence. This will include working closely with cross-functional teams across the entire company to ensure their expertise is leveraged in assessing risks and opportunities of a transaction.
- Extensive interaction and collaboration with multiple internal business units and corporate functions. On occasion this may also include interacting with external parties (e.g. consultants, bankers, auditors) as necessary.
- Ensure interactions are in compliance with policies, procedures, methodologies and best practices.
- Prepare and drive internal and external engagement plan to ensure all partners are aligned to key objectives, plans, and milestones.
- Monitor and communicate industry trends relevant to emerging business opportunities.
- Support the organization’s continuous improvement initiatives to maximize performance and improve process, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Primary Working Relationships:
- Regional Business Development Team
- Senior Vice President – Business Development
- Corporate Legal Group
- Functional Finance Leaders (e.g. Controllers, Tax, Treasury)
- Colleagues in US and International business units
- Enabling Functions (IT, HR, Manufacturing)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and demonstrated technical knowledge of finance is required
- Master’s Degree Preferred but not required
- Financial services or consulting background with [1-4] years of financial analysis and/or deal experience
- Healthcare experience preferred, Animal Health experience not required but strongly encouraged
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, critical thinking and judgement
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Attention to detail and highly organized working style
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Candidate should also possess the following skills: (i) financial analysis and modeling of business transactions and strategic decisions, (ii) due diligence process design and implementation; (iii) knowledge of accounting with exposure to tax and legal aspects of various deal structures
- Strong leadership and ability to interact with senior level executives, outside consultants, investment bankers, potential partners, as well as all internal Zoetis stakeholders (including Treasury, Tax, Legal, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional manner. Consistently exercise good judgement