This job is archived
Our Companion Animal Senior Territory Representatives interact face to face with our customers, understand their needs and consults to offer the right solutions. We work collaboratively in field sales teams and play a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model. This position is responsible for Long Island East/ Queens territory to understand and identify veterinary clinic, shelter facility, and corporate account customer needs, by selling our company's Animal Health division products, supporting pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensuring that our company's Animal Health division is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus - The Science of Healthier Animals. In addition, the Senior Territory Representative demonstrates an understanding of the resources available across our company's Animal Health division and our Distribution Partners.
Key Responsibilities May Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Communicates about product in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and interactions based on understanding of customer's needs.
- Primary point of contact for assigned customers, meet with key personnel/decision makers to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers (Owner/Practice Manager/Key Tech/Associate Vet/Front office staff), customer needs and identifies business opportunities.
- Develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/relationship, solutions, partner involvement and potential offerings for customer resulting in
- solutions, partner involvement and potential offerings for customer resulting in sales opportunities and account sales growth of AH products and services.
- Develop territory and specific account plans for all key customers. Partners with National Account Managers, Corporate Account Team, and Distribution Field Partners to maintain strong focus on key accounts and corporate owned clinics to drive occupancy and sales growth.
- Work collaboratively across all species teams to foster our Company's approach to enhance knowledge of the entire AH product portfolio.
- Shares with other team members within the region to foster growth and development within the team.
- Analyze sales results on a monthly basis and manage expenses within budget guidelines.
- Identifies and selects programs/services available within Animal Health’s available resources to address customer needs and provide education & training opportunities to accounts.
- Works with leadership and Field Technical Services to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs.
- Develop current understanding of AH products, industry trends and competitor landscape.
- Articulates and communicates relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately through the organization.
- Responsible for developing and meeting learning and development objectives agreed upon with leadership.
This role will primarily focus on the West area of Long Island to include Nassau County and some of Queens.
Background & Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of sales experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated motivation and focus on achieving measurable, tangible results.
- Commitment to collaboration as the normal mode of working and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated understanding of positions’ contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently understand customers’ evolving needs and expectations and combines with knowledge of customers’ organization and culture to drive results.
- Effective application of selling techniques and approaches, simultaneously managing multiple customers/accounts at different stages of the sales process, articulating the value of AH products using approved resources.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage a diverse mix of accounts independently within a territory, including some complex accounts, and to develop plans based on unique opportunities and customer needs.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Ability to travel overnight and some weekend activity.
- Must live within the sales territory.
- Sales experience and/or experience within the Animal Health industry
- Knowledge of animal health biological and pharmaceutical products.
- Understanding or prior experience working with distribution.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but is not required.
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1