This job is archived
We are looking for Administrative Assistant to join our Animal Health Intelligence Team. The Assistant will be supporting lead executives (Exec Director AH Intelligence, Exec Director IT) and other leaders as needed.
- General administrative/clerical tasks including scheduling of complex meetings, management of calendars, filing of monthly expense reports, booking expense reports, organizing events, booking conference rooms, etc.
- General support of the Kansas & Texas office based staff as well as field based management staff, as needed, with ordering supplies, ad‐hoc meeting support, good office management practices, etc., to ensure a well‐functioning environment
- Scheduling domestic and complex, multi-leg and international travel, including demonstrated processing of Visas/Passports
- Supporting Team Sites and other communication channels
- Coordination and collaboration with other team members across the organization, including coordination of special projects within the division/area
Qualification, Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma, Advanced education, or certifications
- Minimum of 10 years Administrative Assistant experience & min 5 years Executive Administrative experience supporting senior executives
- Outstanding attention to detail, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to rapidly understand outcomes, priorities and project principles and use independent judgment to coordinate, prioritize, and deliver on multiple simultaneous assignments
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills, verbal and written. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with executives and internal/external clients both on-site and remotely
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new skills, develop nuanced understanding of critical stakeholders and priorities and to apply situational leadership, continuous improvement mindset
- Proactive, approachable, customer-focused attitude. High personal integrity, credibility, and energy
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office Suite
- SAP experience processing: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests; Vendor Add Forms, as well as the capability to run reports within SAP – nice to have
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Experience with financial and budget tasks – nice to have
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:Work Week
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1