This job is archived
This position is responsible for providing animal technician support at the Lincoln and West Holdrege sites. Must properly use and maintain all necessary equipment and follow proper techniques as determined by departmental SOPs and Institutional Policies.
- Assist/Perform general facilities and equipment procedures
- Maintenance (cleaning and disinfecting) of laboratory animal rooms and cages according to established procedures
- Building housekeeping practices
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of equipment operation procedures (cage washer, Hotsy machines, floor scrubbers, lifts, Cushman’s, etc.,)
- Assist with assigned laboratory animal care procedures
- Learn and adhere to all regulations and established procedures concerning the housing, care, handling and feeding of animals
- Animal restraint
- Assist with and record daily health observations on animals and report any abnormalities to Team Leader Animal Care or attending Veterinarian
- Apply current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) to assigned work
- Review documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Alert supervisory personnel of known quality problem
- Report maintenance Work Orders when needed
- Understand company policies and procedures, i.e., Safety, SOP’s and cGMP’s
- Learn and comply with regulatory requirements such as USDA, FDA, EU
- Demonstrate ability to perform assigned work in a safe manner
- Demonstrate ability to recognize potential safety hazards
- Keep supervisor informed of personnel issues and production concerns
- May include evening, weekend and holiday work hours
Education and Experience
Experience in working with animals
High School Diploma or GED. The candidate should possess excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills. Basic computer skills required.
Two-year degree in a science-based field with animal care and husbandry experience.
Proven track record of working well in a team setting
Technical Skills and Competencies
Experience performing animal husbandry and care procedures on companion, small, and large animal species. Experience restraining animals, administering vaccinations and performing phlebotomy in multiple animal species.
Physical Position Requirements
This job has a combination of standing and seated duties.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.