This job is archived
Our Veterinary team use their scientific background to provide technical expertise and education to our customers, sales and marketing teams. With a deep knowledge of pharmacology and animal health we engage scientific exchange with external experts and industry leaders ensuring the scientific value of our animal health portfolio is understood.
Provide animal care and good husbandry practices for poultry, small animals, and large animals.
- Feeding and watering of animals: not limited to lifting and dispensing buckets of water and feed bags (minimum 50 lbs.).
- Cleaning of animal cages, pens, rooms, and other quarters: not limited to scooping, bagging, hosing, and operation of mechanized equipment (high-pressure sprayer, feed wagon, bobcat, tractors).
- Capable of working in inclement weather conditions, capable of taking multiple on-site showers when working in certain buildings, capable of wearing full body coveralls, full face respirators and other tight fitting personal protective equipment.
- Animal procurement and disposition.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Documentation of receiving, transferring, sale, and disposition of animals.
- Assist other animal care technicians as needed or directed.
- Cross train in all areas to serve as back-up and help.
- Cover for coworkers while sick or on vacation.
- Assist other personnel (R&D, QC, QA, Maintenance, Contractors, Security) as directed in animal testing.
- Maintain feed supplies and inventory.
- Will be responsible for one or more areas that will need to be kept stocked.
- Notify Supervisor in advance of supplies and inventory running short.
- Maintain animal test records as directed.
- Documentation – in all aspects of job.
- Use of error entry codes. concurrent and legible recordings. review of documentation within 14 days of last entry.
- Make and report routine observations of animals.
- Observing each and every animal at least once daily.
- Report sick, injured, and dead animals to Supervisor, Attending Vet, and Study Director.
- Compliance with USDA, OSHA, SOP, and GLP regulations/guidelines.
Good Leader Behaviors.
- Work with little supervision.
- Attendance – showing up, being on time, willingness to stay late when needed.
- Teamwork – helping coworkers.
- Efficiency – completing work in a timely fashion, then helping others.
This is a Monday – Friday, 1st Shift Position, over-time will be required including some weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate degree or Veterinary Technician license preferred
Required Experience & Skills:
- Minimal one year experience working with animals required (small and large animals including poultry)
- Must possess strong communication and multi-tasking skills
- Valid driver's license required
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1