This job is archived
Our Animal Health Marketing team takes a customer centric perspective using customer feedback and market intelligence data. Using this data, we design, develop and deploy products, platforms, brands and marketing initiatives that ensure we can improve the health and well-being of animals everywhere.
Senior Brand Manager Equine Brands (P3 Role)
This role is responsible for the equine product brand activities within the Companion Animal and Equine Business Unit at our company's Animal Health US and reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Sr. Brand Manager, Equine Brands will have primary responsibility for providing and implementing brand strategies for the equine vaccines and pharmaceutical/parasiticide portfolio. This individual will lead and manage all brand messaging, internal and external communications including all marketing, advertising, product pricing and related trade and industry programs. He/she will be responsible for developing and delivering the brand portfolio’s annual financial plan including topline sales, spending and profit contribution. He/she will work as a leadership member in the equine team.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Be the brand steward for Equine products within the Companion Animal and Equine Business Unit at our company's Animal Health US.
- Manage the development and delivery of the brand's annual marketing/financial plan.
- Manage the development and execution of all brand communications and allocation of Customer/Gross-To-Net spending. Work in a highly cross functional joint accountability environment inclusive of both internal and external support groups.
- Work closely with field and home office based commercial and technical infrastructure teams to properly develop programs that represent integrated strategies to drive sales and market share.
- Gain understanding of the brands’ market, current and future competitors to develop the strongest potential plans and programs to grow sales and profits into the future.
- Liaise with Global Marketing to leverage global marketing strategies and ensure brand compliance with promotional, positioning and pricing policies.
- Interface with appropriate Research &Development and regulatory teams as well as business development teams to ensure existing and new product developments are properly aligned with business commercial requirements.
- Help establish and develop an intensive and robust channel marketing strategy and subsequent implementation.
- Be the Voice of the Customer (VOC) by capturing the requirements/feedback from the customer (Veterinarians, Horse Owners, Trainers and other stakeholders in the equine business) and deliver best-in-class programs that meet the customer’s needs/wants.
Background & Education:
- BA/BS Degree required, MBA preferred
- Degree in veterinary medicine/science/microbiology or similar preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 5 years relevant marketing experience, B2B background preferred, additional retail background is a plus
- Previous engagement in the equine business or animal health business is a plus
- Track record of successful new product launches
- Strong interpersonal skills and team attitude
- Work experience in daily interactions with sales force, veterinary, retail or other customers
- Experience in KOLs management, preferably in the equine business
- Working knowledge of product research and development, finance and production
- Solid forecasting skills
- Must possess strong financial acumen, knowledge of market research
- Strong communication skills [verbal, written and listening skills]
- Self-starter, able to work and manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge in project management
- 25% travel (after COVID restrictions have been lifted)
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1