- Position: Purchasing Assistant
- Reference Code: R
- Department: Administration
- Location: Nicholasville, KY
- Country: United States
The Executive Assistant supports the Global Purchasing & Supply Chain Director as well as the Packaging Manager. This position is part of the centralized team located at Alltech’s global headquarters with responsibility to manage the feed ingredient purchasing into 30 locations in the United States. The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities will include supporting the Packaging Manager with all aspects of inventory management & ordering for feed packaging from internatioal and domestic suppliers.Responsibilities
- Support the Global Director to monitor and follow-up on weekly purchase verification, coordinate supplier communication and meetings, prepare reports to communicate with Alltech’s executive leadership, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist the Packaging Manager with responsibilities to plan and order feed packaging from international and domestic suppliers, monitor inventory and invoming shipments, and support Alltech’s U.S. locations with any quality complaints or inventory shortages.
- Point person to assist the purchasing team with new supplier setup and ongoing communication. Manage the process for supplier rebates and follow-up with suppliers as needed.
- Assist the Packaging Manager with responsibility to manage the ordering, inventory levels, and communication for packaging related items from preferred suppliers including stretch wrap, plastic tubs, tape/ string, and tote bags. This responsibility may expand in the future to include other non-ingredient purchasing.
- Work in close coordination with Alltech’s suppliers to support the online e-commerce website. Collaborate with key suppliers and the marketing department on joint marketing and promotion campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written/ verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient with technology and the ability to analyze and interpret data. Ability to learn Alltech’s ERP system (Microsoft AX).
We offer a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.Contact Info
Please email resume with salary requirements [Register to View]
No phone calls please.