- Position: Community Engagement Coordinator
- Reference Code: R
- Department: Administration
- Location: Nicholasville, KY
- Country: United States
Are you a business-minded self-starter who wants to make a positive difference in the lives of others?
Alltech is committed to serving the greater good, and we are looking for someone who shares our passion. To help implement our philanthropic efforts and vision, Alltech is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator.
As an Alltech ambassador to the community, your first assignment will be onsite at GreenHouse17, a Lexington-based nonprofit organization committed to ending intimate partner abuse in families and the community. Working alongside their team, you will help support their business goals and optimize the impact of their mission.
Nestled amid nearly 40 acres of farmland, GreenHouse17 combines the serenity of their surroundings with the purposeful creation of floral bouquets and handmade gifts to provide a healing environment for abuse survivors. The survivor-crafted items are made available for purchase within the local community.
The vision is to scale this unique business model so that it becomes a reliable source of revenue for GreenHouse17 while continuing to provide survivors with a creative outlet.
That’s where you come in!
To support this important mission, Alltech and GreenHouse17 are looking for a growth-driven, creative and passionate individual who is skilled at creating efficient business processes and profitable solutions while seeking new opportunities to generate revenue.
You will work onsite at GreenHouse17, with additional support and guidance provided by designated Alltech team members, and will be responsible for the communication, implementation and execution of annual business objectives.
Following your two-year term with GreenHouse17, Alltech will reassign the post to either work out of headquarters in Nicholasville, Kentucky, or at another local nonprofit in the Central Kentucky area.
Are you ready to make a positive difference in the lives of others?Responsibilities
- Serve as an Alltech ambassador to the community and support Alltech’s overall philanthropic efforts and vision, beginning with an initial 2-year assignment at GreenHouse17
- Plan and oversee business operations for GreenHouse17’s social enterprises, including working with the team to create effective messaging, marketing, publicity and advertising to drive sales
- Create a business plan support product development, expansion and market growth, including e-commerce and other digital strategies
- Develop and maintain operational budgets and financial goals for social enterprise operations at GreenHouse17
- Find and develop new markets to improve sales by establishing a framework and processes across the supply chain to improve efficiency and profitability
- Establish pricing strategies and monitor costs, supply and demand
- Identify new revenue streams and waste in operations, new delivery/distribution systems and opportunities to improve efficiency through assessment of farm products and delivery services
- Assist with the development of grant proposals, budgets and outcomes reporting
- Additional duties and responsibilities as requested, directed or assigned by the manager
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Excellent communicator across all mediums and interpersonally
- Proficient in budget management
- Adept in Microsoft applications and financial spreadsheets
- Familiarity with the Central Kentucky community
- Self-motivated team-player with effective time management skills
- Multitasking ability and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in agriculture/therapeutic horticulture a plus
- Experience with non-profit organizations a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.Contact Info