Local/Remote applicants will be considered.
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Petfinder is an online, searchable database of animals who need homes. Founded in 1996, it is now owned by Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.
With over 100 million pet-loving visitors to Petfinder.com each year, the platform remains the leading online database that links prospective adopters with adoptable pets. Its dense network of nearly 14,000 animal welfare associations and pet shelters has facilitated millions of pet adoptions throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
As a Jr. Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for guiding the technical infrastructure for the Petfinder.com data platform. Your primary focus will be on infrastructure, backend service development, and software delivery/operations. In addition, you will work across multiple parts of the data platform (infrastructure, data stores, service development) and will own operating the services you work on in production.
- Partner with engineers in identifying and tracking engineering tasks in support of Petfinder data platform.
- Contribute ideas and optimizations to internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud.
- Design, implement, and operate server, storage, network, and security infrastructure.
- Design, implement and operate backend services.
- Collaborate with product leads, business stakeholders and other engineering teams to maintain a cohesive plan for the platform.
- Participate in Agile engineering activities, including but not limited to daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Maintain a focus on operational aspects of the platform, including but not limited to metrics, monitoring and observability.
- Ensure all platform components meet proper performance and capacity standards.
- Troubleshoot production issues and respond to after-hours escalations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- 2+ years of experience working as an engineer in cloud-based infrastructure environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform required.
- Experience in one or more programming languages suitable for high performance backend development required.
- Strong understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is preferred.
- Experience in building and managing fully staged development environments (CI/CD) is preferred.
This position has a minimum salary of $71,040. Please note that the salary provided is a good faith estimate for the position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate’s qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
When you choose a career at Nestlé Purina PetCare Company (Purina), you may gain access to a variety of valuable benefits you can elect for yourself or family. When you elect your benefits, you and Purina partner together to manage costs for medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage. You may also choose to set aside tax-free money by electing one of three Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) or a Health Spending Account (HSA) to best meet your and your family’s needs. You are eligible for the Nestlé 401K Savings Plan with company-matched contributions (up to a limit) and an annual retirement contribution to help you save for retirement and may be eligible for a retirement pension benefit. We also offer other benefits such as an extensive Parental Support Policy, providing 26 weeks of leave, the first 18 weeks at 100% pay for the primary care giver of a newborn child under six months of age, and adoption assistance. Purina offers earned vacation, sick and personal time for you to use throughout the year. Purina typically honors paid 10 holidays throughout the year.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.