The Production Animal Account Representative will manage the implementation of MGK’s sales and marketing strategy in the South-Central territory. The territory covers California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, Montana, and Wyoming. The position will aggressively sell MGK products in the marketplace by working directly with distributors, production animal companies, custom applicators, and strategic market influencers in the animal health market.
- Independent implementation of strategies and tactics aimed at growing sales and market share in defined territory.
- Weekly call reports and Sales call planning at least six weeks out.
- Utilization of Salesforce to Manage and track territory strategy
- Manage the MGK sales process with territory accounts to research, gain access to and present business fit proposals to gain agreement on initiatives, increase the use and/or support of MGK products within the accounts’ system.
- Primary sales focus is implementation of the MGK Market Based Strategy
- Key Accounts and Tier II
- Territory and zone development
- New Accounts
- Distribution locations and distributor sales people.
- Key Market Influencers
- Local Associations
- Manage expenses within the assigned budget.
- Maintain and manage the assigned MGK company vehicle.
- Achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Maintain and improve technology skills including computer, Microsoft 365 and iPad.
- Attend and participate in regional and national sales meetings.
- Create internal and external presentations utilizing PowerPoint and other media.
- Excellent time management and planning skills are required to maximize customer calls and minimize travel time
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business or Agriculture
- 3+ years of previous outside sales experience required.
- Ability to travel 60-80% using time management strategies to optimize travel effectively
- Candidates living in Central CA or Idaho will be in closest proximity to current client base
- A highly motivated, self-starter with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated sales success combined with an enthusiasm for and an understanding of the consultative selling process and maintaining customer relationships for the long-term
- A business mindset with an understanding of income statements and balance sheets
- Ability to understand and explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Proven planning and time management skills
- High proficiency in computer use, specifically MS Office 365 and Salesforce
Physical Demands and Work Environment (OFFICE Position):
Communicate effectively in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization to: 1) promote efficiencies within the MGK business operations, and 2) maintain a safe working environment.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands include constant sitting, walking, standing, simple grasping and fine manipulation with hands; frequent bending at the neck and waist; and occasional squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting at the neck and waist, power grasping, pushing and pulling with hands, reaching above shoulder level, lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Work Environment includes exposure to or working in or around equipment and machinery including a computer keyboard and mouse. Domestic travel required up to 80%.
Frequency Definitions: Constant = Over 40% / Frequent = Up to 40% / Occasional = Up to 10%
MGK is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and who remains committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all employees.