Just 65 miles from Center City Philadelphia, Allentown – or Lehigh Valley – is in close proximity to many of the major Northeastern U.S. cities, which makes it an ideal location for manufacturing and distributing consumer goods. We utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Nestlé Purina is truly proud to call home.
As a Senior Accounting Coordinator you will plan, organize, integrate, and manage all procurement efforts for energy, indirect services, and miscellaneous supplies for the factory. You will take an active part in reporting on compliance to budget. In this role, you will respond to vendor inquiries and complete vendor set up, performs reconciliations of assigned accounts, and train personnel involved in purchasing. Senior Accounting Coordinators also manage check requests as needed, and they audit compliance to Nestle and factory policies for all other contracts not under their direct management.
- Plan, organize and manage all procurement efforts for energy, indirect services and miscellaneous supplies for the factory, including creation of Purchase Orders for such items and reporting on budget compliance.
- Provide annual budget amounts for the procurement items under your responsibility.
- Maintain relationships with current vendors and suppliers for the services and materials under your responsibility, and establish new ones in order to continuously expand and/or improve cost and supplies received by the factory.
- Responsible for training other team members on SAP (creating requisitions, taxability on Purchase Orders, workflow completion, etc) and serving as a functional expert on all SAP purchasing related items.
- Investigate SAP reporting errors with pertinent operations personnel.
- Support gathering and update of financial data used in analysis of cost savings opportunities and/or or continuous improvement projects, as directed by the Financial Accounting Manager.
- Support general accounting, and other administrative functions.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalency required.
- 1+ years of experience in a customer facing or accounts payable position required.
- 1+ years of purchasing or customer facing negotiation experience required.
- Associates in Purchasing, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience using SAP or other ERP system preferred.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Senior Accounting Coordinator Primary Location: Allentown, PA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005822