Supports the execution of all intercompany profit calculations and transfer pricing reconciliations, including the processing of journal entries at a regional or market level.
- Process various non-recurring topside journal entries in support of the monthly financial close.
- Prepare monthly account rollforwards.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly analytics.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with shared services, manufacturing, market finance, FP&A, and consolidations teams and other business functions to ensure efficiency in end-to-end markup reporting processes and accurate presentation of consolidated financial data.
- Execute monthly markup processes routinely with stakeholder group and ensure level of interaction and service delivery is meeting expectations and improvement opportunities are identified regularly.
- Provide support for ad hoc management requests from markets, finance, and tax.
- Effectively use SAP, Hyperion suite of solutions (HFM, Essbase, Smartview, etc.) and Microsoft Excel to perform data reconciliations, release intercompany profits, ensure proper amortization, and analyze impact of changes of transfer pricing.
- Assist with ensuring strong internal controls around the market and corporate markup process.
QUALIFICATIONS (Training, Education & Prior Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum 4 years of diversified experience in a financial reporting capacity within a large multi-national company with consolidations, intercompany profit, or similar experience, with exposure to relevant financial reporting/monthly close or consolidation processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in US GAAP accounting and ability to apply concepts appropriately in the review and analysis of financial data.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial systems/processes; knowledge of SAP, HFM and Essbase strongly desired.
- Execution of SOX compliant processes.
- Familiarity with markup accounting procedures is highly desirable.
- Exhibits initiative and demonstrates an ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills in addition to ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills is critical.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a quick learner with a desire to continually build his/her skill set and experiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to engage with business partners effectively. Able to clearly communicate complex financial and process-related information to key stakeholders. Communication skills include the ability to listen to and appreciate stakeholder concerns and understand issues.
- Ability to work effectively with external auditors.