Equine Professional Services Veterinarian
Kansas City, KS
Dechra Veterinary Products, with headquarters in Manchester, England, is a leader in specialized pharmaceuticals for the companion animal and equine markets. Dechra’s US subsidiary, located in Overland Park, Kansas, is rapidly expanding to meet demands for key products under development.
Dechra provides a lucrative benefit package to all employees.
- DVM/VMD with minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience in equine practice. Interest or experience in lameness a plus.
- Prior experience in the veterinary pharmaceutical industry preferred but not required.
- Experience in or knowledge of pharmacovigilance desirable but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a very strong comfort level with public speaking and Q&A sessions.
- Desire to provide excellent technical support to the veterinary profession and horse owners.
- Strong interpersonal skills, “team player”, self-starter, ability to multi-task and enjoy working on a variety of projects including, but not limited to, technical bulletins, marketing items, PowerPoint presentations, sales training modules, and provide market perspective on potential new products.
- Ability to work in a hands-on entrepreneurial environment and desire to grow with the Company
- Ability to critically evaluate technical materials and edit for clarity, content and regulatory compliance
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Commercial and Business Acumen
Product and Technical Knowledge
Qualifications: College Degree required
Knowledge and Experience: DVM with a minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience
Additional Details: Travel – often up to 75%
- Present technical seminars as needed at national, regional, local veterinary meetings or veterinary schools/colleges to support Dechra’s product line and sales goals. Schedule is set by Dechra equine sales team in coordination with Director of Veterinary Professional Services.
- Accompany Dechra field personnel or distributor personnel on clinic calls. Deliver in-clinic educational presentations when needed (i.e. lunch and learns).
- Assist in developing/presenting sales training to Dechra personnel on an as needed basis.
- Attend various veterinary conferences to support booth personnel, interact with veterinary customers and attend key lectures.
- Maintain technical competency especially in fields directly related to Dechra products
- Work closely with Key Opinion Leaders and work with sales personnel to coordinate KOL meetings at conferences.
- Record KOL interactions in Sales Force in a timely manner.
- Monitor veterinary literature/VIN for articles/comments related to Dechra products/activities.
- Project positive image of Dechra and its products to veterinary profession and comply with all regulatory standards governing veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Receive incoming preliminary product inquiries/complaints that may arise from usage of Dechra products. Sources may be veterinarians, veterinary technicians, horse owners, distributor personnel or Dechra personnel. Calls may involve product information, use/extra-label use, product complaints, adverse events, and unexpected responses to treatment, perceived lack of efficacy and product or packaging defects. Information must then be transferred to home office for appropriate pharmacovigilance documentation and reporting.
- Provide assistance to Dechra international equine divisions (Canada and Mexico) when needed as time and schedule allow.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Years Experience:
# of Openings:
Please log in to apply for this job.