Territory Sales Manager-San Diego
San Diego, CA
Dechra is an international specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, and sales and marketing of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
- Position to be located in any major city within the territory.
- Demonstrates strong selling skills and solid sales experience in the animal health industry.
- Experience in developing and executing territory business plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of the medical, operational and business side of veterinary practice.
- Experience in managing and maintaining strong distributor relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of selling in the veterinary school environment and developing relations with key faculty and veterinary students.
- Strong analytical, technical, communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate initiative and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of basic computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Willing to travel extensively throughout assigned territory and to regional and national events.
Commercial and Business Acumen
Product and Technical Knowledge
Behavior and Values
(D) Dedication - committed to delivering excellence
(E) Enjoyment - enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Courage - able to take calculated risks
(H) Honesty - honest with a high level of integrity
(R) Relationships - team player
(A) Ambition - willing and able to go the extra mile
- Report to, and operate under the general direction of Regional Sales Manager.
- Meet established sales goals and manage expenses to budget.
- Maintain positive relationships with key distributor Representatives.
- Conduct veterinary clinic sales calls, with and without distributor sales representatives.
- Organize and attend seminars, dinner programs, CE programs, etc. with targeted veterinarians.
- Attend distributor sales meetings to train distributor Representatives on Company products.
- Sell to, and develop relationships with faculty/students, at veterinary schools in the assigned territory.
- Provide regular feedback, as required, to management.
- Provide input/feedback to management on marketing programs, marketing materials and distributor promotions.
- Attend key National, Regional & State veterinary conferences (I.e. NAVC, ACVIM, WVC).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key veterinarians and opinion leaders.
- Other duties as requested.
Minimum Years Experience:
# of Openings:
Please log in to apply for this job.