Technical Services Veterinarian
Overland Park, KS
Dechra Veterinary Products, with headquarters in Manchester, England, is a leader in specialized pharmaceuticals for the companion animal and equine markets. Dechra’s US subsidiary, located in Overland Park, Kansas, is rapidly expanding to meet demands for key products under development.
Dechra provides a lucrative benefit package to all employees.
· DVM/VMD with a minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience; current license to practice in at least one state preferred
· Ability to work and perform in a team-based / call-center environment
· Must be a self-starter and can work independent of supervision
· A passion and dedication to providing exceptional customer service
· Sound knowledge of companion animal internal medicine. Equine knowledge a plus
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Outstanding organization, analytical, and judgment skills
· Excellent computer skills, and proficient in MS Office platform
· Prior industry experience, including PV Works a plus
Commercial and Business Acumen
Product and Technical Knowledge
Behavior and Values
(D) Dedication - committed to delivering excellence
(E) Enjoyment - enthusiastic and results driven
(C) Courage - able to take calculated risks
(H) Honesty – honesty with a high level of integrity
(R) Relationships - team player
(A) Ambition - willing and able to go the extra mile
. Receive all product inquiries and complaints that may arise by usage of or experience with Dechra’s products. Calls may be received from (but are not limited to) veterinarians, veterinary technicians and other veterinary support staff, consumers (pet owners), Dechra sales personnel, distributor sales representatives, or other Dechra personnel.
· Document all calls within PV-Works database and assess and implement appropriate responses and procedures.
· Provide appropriate information, based on type of customer, as it pertains to proper product use, extra-label use, literature requests, adverse events, unexpected response to treatment, perceived lack of efficacy, and product or packaging defects.
· Follow up with all parties involved to assess causality in any given animal complaint and to ensure appropriate closure of all calls and complaints received.
· Review and evaluate complaints for accurate and consistent data as assigned. In addition, will be responsible for providing written assessments for complaint cases.
· Attend assigned veterinary conventions or other meetings to provide technical support and attend key lectures.
· Maintain excellent and up-to-date Dechra and competitor product knowledge.
· Assist in technical sales training for all Dechra personnel.
· Present technical seminars to various customers and accompany territory managers on sales calls.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Years Experience:
# of Openings:
Please log in to apply for this job.